Yesterday, I had the pleasure to attend the 1st Health Bloggers Community meet up in Dublin. This networking event is hosted by the Health Bloggers Community and showcased some really cool and new brands in the health and fitness industry.
Being quite a newbie in this community, I was excited to meet other like-minded bloggers and instagrammers to make connections, discover new brands and sample tasty products.
When I arrived, I got a goody bag full of delicious treats along with some discount codes for various brands. In addition, everyone got a hot drink of choice and energy ball provided by the host, Good to Go. Happy with all the free goodies I got, I checked out the exhibiting brands, including:
- Coco Fuzion 100 – a sparkling drink made from tender young coconuts from Coconut Island on the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. I tried both the mango and the raspberry flavour which tasted refreshing and not too sweet. I am not the biggest fan of sparkling drinks, but think that this is a good alternative for people that like fizzy drinks but don’t want to consume artificial or sugar-loaded soda.
- Linwoods – range of healthy seeds, nuts, berries, protein powders, and snacks. Stockists include Tesco, Dunnes Stores, Holland & Barrett and Centra. I sampled the hemp protein blends and quite liked the texture and taste.
- Blendi Smoothies – this is a new brand launching this December! They do freeze dried fruit and vegetable smoothies that can be blended with any type of liquid either on the go or at home / the office. Great idea in my opinion and good for people who don’t have time to prep their smoothies. For myself, I still prefer blending fresh veggies and fruit from my local organic food market. However, I believe it is a great back-up plan when I don’t have fresh produce on hand.
- Nua Naturals – a health food business embracing global trends of health and wellness such as ‘Raw foods’, ‘Lactose Free’ and ‘Vegan’. I absolutely love their superfoods and supergreens range.
- SoulBia – a small business in Newry, Co. Down and online shop that stocks artisan & free-from foods (gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, raw clean, vegan, high-protein) from a wide range of Irish producers. Check out their website; they even have super healthy pet food! 🙂
Next was a Q&A with Nicola Halloran from healthy eating blog The Wonky Spatula hosted by Vicky from The Flourishing Pantry. Nicola started her blog in 2014 with a list of paleo and non-paleo ingredients. It now contains a ton of delicious, healthy recipes which are a mix of dairy free, paleo, gluten free and vegan. The Q&A touched base on how to partner with brands, the use of social media, and blogging trends for 2018 (video!).
All in all, I really enjoyed this networking event and are looking forward to the next meet up on Sat 3 March 2018.